Saturday, November 28, 2009

Indulge me

Before I began writing this entry I looked up the word “indulge” in the thesaurus. It said, among other things, “gratify”, “fulfill”, “revel in”, and “abandon oneself to”. I thought these were all apt words to describe our brunch experience at Indulge Burgers and More. Having sampled and written about the Burger part of Indulge (see below), we decided to try the “More”. I did this with a small amount of trepidation since I’m not a breakfast person. But Ken is, so I thought I’d indulge him (sorry, I couldn’t resist).

The brunch concept is presented the same way as the burgers. You get to build your own - in this case - omelet. For $6.95 you choose 2 cheeses, 2 veggies (I had grilled onions and avocado), 2 sauces (spicy sour cream for me) and 1 choice of toast (bagels and croissants are $1 extra). You can opt for a protein like chorizo, kobe beef or bologna, but these cost and extra $1.50) Ken decided to have one of the Benedicts, the classic ($9.95). There are 5 more, including one with lobster meat ($12.00) which was calling my name. There’s also French toast, pancakes and a cinnamon roll.

The omelet was quite large, at least a 3-egger.  The onions and avocado were in the fold, and the cheese was melted on the outside top of the omelet. This was my only complaint - I would have preferred the cheese to be shredded up and sitting on the inside so it would stay warm and melty. The onions were sweet and plentiful, and the avocado nice and fresh. The spicy sour cream was a great addition. My multigrain toast was thickly sliced and loaded with crunchy bits - it’s so nice to eat healthy.

Ken’s classic Benedict was the hit of the meal. The hollandaise sauce was so good I wished we had ordered an additional side of it. It was lemony and light. We suggested to the manager, Keegan (a very nice guy), that they serve it at lunch to go on a burger. Keegan really got into that concept and went in the kitchen to whip one up for his lunch. He was planning to top it with avocado. 

You know, of course, that we had to try the cinnamon roll. It was big and warm and a little gooey. Our waitress brought us a container of maple syrup to go with it. I’d never heard of that, but I was willing to try. I didn’t think it actually added much, since the roll was so good on it’s own. No wretched excess here. Maybe later.

So we reveled with abandon and went away gratified and fulfilled. What more can you ask?

Indulgeburgers & More
10392 N. Scottsdale Rd.  (SW corner of Scottsdale and Shea)    Scottsdale
480-998-2222
Brunch Saturday and Sunday - I’m not sure of the times
indulgeburgers.com

No comments:

Post a Comment