Wednesday, April 14, 2010

You Can't Eat a Concept

   I know a lot of you will disagree with me, but I have to be honest with you, I’ve never been a fan of Sam Fox Concept restaurants, mostly because the emphasis is on the concept, not the food. And they tend to be outrageously expensive. The exceptions are Sauce, which in my opinion serves insipid food, the Counter (it’s 25 cent coffee was the deal of the decade) and the new Zinburger. 
    Of course, Zinburger is easy on the eyes, with it’s huge mural of happy cows, and it’s lighthearted use of chartreuse accents. Given that it’s in the the Biltmore Fashion Park, 
$8-14 for various types of burgers isn’t bad - and they’re big enough to share. Sides of french fries, fried zucchini, etc. are $3-5, and salads range from $9-14. There are lots of milkshakes and floats at around $6. The trouble, as I see it, is that you can get better for  less bucks at Indulge or BluBurger (particularly if you use a coupon). DeLux is a little less expensive, with a lot more food options, although the ambience isn’t as pleasant. I won’t bore you with what we ate, suffice to say it was merely okay. 
    My favorite thing is the irony. Zinburger, with it’s emphasis on meat, sits a few doors down from Sam Fox’s Tru, which specializes in being vegetarian and vegan friendly.
Zinburger
2502 E. Camelback in the Biltmore Fashion Park    Phoenix
602-424-9500
open 7 days   11 AM - 10:30 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment