Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Starting Up: May13, 2009

After great hesitation and much procrastination, here is my first blog entry. I'll
be writing about the restaurants Ken and I visit, good and bad, and probably throw in
some recipes too.
I should have started writing on a day when I had a fabulous find, but I'll go with
where we ate last night. It was Buffalo Wild Wings at 7000 E. Mayo Blvd. (at the 101
and Scottsdale Rd.). A pre-movie dinner.
The place was packed, as usual, and noisy. It's a sports bar, so all the TV's were
on. We probably should have eaten outside, but it was a little warm. Service was prompt
and friendly.
It took a while to decide what we wanted, as the menu is quite large and packed
with lots of my bar-food favorites: flatbreads, salads, wraps, ribs and much more.
Since we ate wings on our last visit, I opted for a burger, one called Big Jack Daddy.
It's a weirdly wonderful thing - a burger topped with pulled pork and onion rings. Ken
couldn't resist and ordered the same thing. I asked for my burger to be medium rare,
but they only do medium well. It actually turned out to be still juicy with a nice 
charcoaly flavor. My fries, which I wanted extra crisp, were perfect. Our friend ordered
wings, which he seemed to enjoy.
The food is reasonably priced give the portion size. Our burgers were about $9
and Walt's dozen wings were around $5. We'll come back again, especially if we're 
going to the movies.
The website is www.buffalowildwings.com. There are 5 restaurants scattered
through out the valley.

1 comment: